查看: 529|回復: 2

Turntable recommendation?

[複製鏈接]

主題

好友

積分

Orig. Member.

發表於 2018-10-26 10:53:58 |顯示全部樓層
My 30 years old marble turntable had broken down, inevitably.  I am not at all hifi fever and I certainly donot want to spend time shopping around or reading reviews.  However, I do enjoy high quality audio as I listento violin/piano every night.  I was toldto look at the Rega, Linn and Thorens turntables.  I think they are pretty much in the same pricerange (20K to 30K).  Everyone talks aboutLinn but I am of the view that its technologies could be very old by now…  

I would appreciate your recommendation and/or opinions.

By the way, my marble turntable has a SME tonearm, which isstill in perfect working condition. Do you think if I should carry it to a newtable or its is (again) too old of a technology?

Thanks

回復

使用道具 舉報

主題

好友

積分

Orig. Member.

發表於 2018-10-26 17:09:21 |顯示全部樓層
IMHO, if you ask your friends for recommendation, you should trust them.  Otherwise, you better do your homework/searching.

SFAIK, Linn is still among the recommendation lists of US Stereophile magazine.  You can spend few time checking their website for the recommendation lists.  I also see Rega's name.  Rega Research RP10: US$5495.  You probably have been hearing Linn's brand name for a long time.  I think Linn keeps doing research of hifi technology and is still an avant-garde company.  It is strong in both fields of analogue and digital nowadays.
回復

使用道具 舉報

主題

好友

積分

Orig. Member.

發表於 2018-10-29 09:36:07 |顯示全部樓層
bill.y 發表於 2018-10-26 17:09
IMHO, if you ask your friends for recommendation, you should trust them.  Otherwise, you better do y ...

Thanks.  Will go for Linn with Akito (sp?) arm.  

回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

HKLFC

GMT+8, 2019-1-18 05:59 , Processed in 0.039515 second(s), 20 queries .